Last Updated: March 23, 2021
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We collect the information you provide directly to us. For example, we may collect information when you make a donation, request information, fill out a form, send us an email, sign up to receive updates, sign up for an event, apply for or inquire about a job or internship, make a purchase, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, postal address, phone number, credit card information, and other information you choose to provide. In addition, the Federal Election Commission (FEC) may require us to collect personal information from donors. For example, the FEC requires us to collect the name, mailing address, occupation, and employer of all individuals whose donations exceed $200 per calendar year.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Site
When you access or use our Site, we automatically collect information about you, including:
• Log Information: We log information about your use of the Site, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Site.
• Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Site, including the hardware model, operating system and version, device identifiers and mobile network information.
• Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that helps us to improve our Site and your experience, see which areas and features of our Site are popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as "tracking pixels"). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Site or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see "Your Choices" below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Site.
USE OF INFORMATION
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
• Provide, maintain, and improve our Site;
• Provide the information you request and to process and complete your donations, registrations, purchases, and related transactions;
• Request feedback and otherwise contact you about your use of the Site;
• Respond to your emails, submissions, questions, comments, and requests and to provide customer service;
• Send you updates and newsletters and otherwise provide you with information about our organization or that we think will be of interest to you, such as sending you news and information to keep you informed about various campaigns, candidates, issues, events, resources, promotions, products and services;
• Solicit volunteers, donations, and support for our organization and for candidates, issues, and organizations that we support;
• Send you technical notices, updates, confirmations, security alerts and support and administrative messages and otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, the Site;
• Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Site;
• Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better information and
• Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
We are based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Site or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
• With vendors, consultants, and other service providers or volunteers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
• To report required information to the Federal Elections Commission, if applicable, including name, mailing address, occupation, and name of employers of individuals whose contributions exceed $200 in a calendar year (for additional information, visit the FEC website at http://www.fec.gov);
• With organizations, candidates, groups, or causes that we believe have similar political viewpoints, principles, or objectives;
• With candidates or organizations to whom you have made a donation through the Site;
• In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule, or regulation;
• If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of ours or others;
• In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, reorganization, sale of assets, financing or acquisition or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the assets of ours; and
• With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through our Site that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
SOCIAL SHARING FEATURES
The Site may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook "Like" button), which let you share actions you take on our Site with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
ANALYTICS SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS
We takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Removing or rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third party flash cookies used in connection with our Site. [To delete or disable flash cookies please visit www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security for more information. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Site.
You may opt out of receiving text messages, updates and newsletters by following the instructions in those emails or text messages by unsubscribing here, contacting us at [email protected] If you opt out, we may still send you other types of emails, such as those about your use of the Site or any donations or transactions